CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 7, 2008

Trash or Treasures?












Trash or treasures? is the question. I was donated these items from a family member (on Luke's side of the family) in hopes I could transform these things into something I could actually use for my house. Well the mirrors have me stumped? Help...what to do?what to do? The legs do come off, by the way. Next the rectangle item is...yes...you guessed it... A trunk. I love the trunk, just not sure what color to go with? I love earth tones, but I thought this could use a "POP" of color? What do you think? Last but not least the shelves. FYI: I just painted two other wooden shelves chocolate brown, so I wanted to do something a little different to these three. I would love your opinion Amanda & Leslee ; ) Anyone else is welcome. =)

3 comments:

Leslee P said...

Ummm, the mirrors are fabulous... if you do not use them, I will buy at least one from you... I love the shape. So fun, funky and so much can be done with them... I would spray paint those babies for sure, I misht use one as a mirror and turn one into a bulletin board. I did that with an old retro mirror and it is one of my favorite projects... too fun. You could use it for Lliam and paint it a boy color get some dark brown cork, glue it on and then take some push pins and glue some cars and turcks on for fun... Ooh, and then you can hang his color pages on it and mayne a different letter form the alphabet and some fun pictures of family... Just think that might be a gun project for his Big Boy room... The other one, I would pick a dun color, one that is barely used in your house and spray paint it that color. My house seems so bland sometimes and I am always wanting color.... Oooh, the mirrors look like the funnest projest ever. You are so lucky to have them donated and I am so crazy to be writing such a long post... The trunk I would go with red, distress it Hammer it, sand it bang the hell out of it) and then rub some stain on top and wipe off. You may not even like red, but it can go in almost any room. Then I would plop that baby in my living room with some really good smellies in side with some comfy blankets for snuggling...

Sorry for the super long post.... I will try and get you some more info...

Amanda said...

I am OH SO bad at this stuff.... you've asked the wrong person! But I think you should definitely keep them all. Treasures for sure. You should either put the trunk at the foot of your bed, if room. Or in Liams room for toys. So the color depends on where you place it. Hmmm... good luck!!

Leslee P said...

i just went back and read my comment... I am a ReTaRd... Geesh, where in the heck did I go to school.... Please do not hold it againts me... I am just slow... One day they will add spell check to the comments for slow people like me.